Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
WORLD HERITAGE: HALONG BAY BOAT CRUISE
Board a boat and cruise to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Halong Bay, whose clear emerald waters are home to floating villages amongst thousands of limestone islands. Weigh anchor as the sun sets over the bay and enjoy a delicious dinner on board before settling down for a night in the beauty of the bay.
Leave Hanoi for the boat trip to Halong Bay, watching everyday life in Vietnam as you drive to the pier. Arrive at Halong City in the late morning and board your chosen boat for an overnight journey into the bay.
Sail past a variety of rock formations, many named after their resemblance to things, before weighing anchor as the sun begins to set over the bay. Enjoy a relaxed dinner and settle down in the bay for the night. Next morning, have a healthy breakfast on board as your boat sails past gorgeous scenery and limestone rock formations to Halong City. Upon disembarkation your driver will meet for the drive back to Hanoi
- Board a traditional wooden junk (or a classic replica steamship- The Emeraude) for an overnight journey into the bay
- Take part in a Vietnamese spring roll cooking demonstration on the sundeck.
- After dark, watch the Award Winning film Indochine that is set in Halong Bay will be screened on board.
- Join Tai Chi class on the sun deck.
Price (USD $)per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|01 Jan 2014– 14 May 2014 & Oct – Dec 2014||$268 per person|
|15 May – Sep 2014||$259 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)