Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
Popular Vietnam Collections
WEAVING THROUGH WATERWAYS: THE MEKONG DELTA
Go deep into the Mekong Delta and experience the real culture of this verdant, vibrant area. Boat to islands to try local specialties; visit areas with floating houses and catfish farms, where artisans weave fine silk. See floating markets and join pilgrims at mountain-top sites filled with shrines and pagodas
Leave Ho Chi Minh for the drive to Cai Be, the delta town with lush waterways and vast green rice fields. Cruise Cai Be floating market and see the traders hang their produce on poles in front of the boats. Continue to a cottage factory where coconut candies, rice paper and ‘pop-rice’ are produced.
Sample local Mekong specialties for lunch; afterwards heading to Can Tho, where you’ll stay in the evening. Disembark and transfer to a local boat which will take you to a floating market where hundreds of boats thread through the water between larger anchored boats. Drive to the bamboo basket making hamlet of Long Thanh, then on to Chau Doc, where the rest of the day is free at leisure. Next day, visit Chau Doc's market, which overlooks the confluence of three rivers and provides some great photo opportunities.
Take a boat to the Chau Giang District and see a small mosque of the Cham minority group, along with the floating houses which double as catfish farms. In the afternoon, see the pagodas and temples of Sam Mountain as you climb towards its peak. The mountain is an important pilgrimage site and the view from here looking out on to Cambodia is amazing.
- Meet locals along the way as you visit small farms, cottage industries and villages.
- Visit the largest floating market in the Mekong Delta, where hundreds of boats create a maze on the water
- Sample local specialties for lunch on a Mekong island
- Climb to the peak of Mount Sam, overlooking Cambodia: an important pilgrimage site
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 31 Dec 2015||$538 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Deep in the Mekong Delta on the banks of the Bassac River close to the Cambodian border, Victoria Chau Doc is a scenic French architectural resort that blends perfectly into the lush surroundings. ...