We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
Popular Thailand Collections
A TASTE OF ISAAN
If it’s true that the way to a person’s heart is through their stomach, Isaan must be the most beloved region in Asia. Said to be the soul of the nation, Isaan is an area of this wonderful country that many feel epitomizes what ‘authentic’ Thailand is - a nation of fun-loving, smiling people who love life and enjoy great food.
Your insightful investigation of Isaan’s culinary scene begins in Korat, the biggest city in the Northeast of Thailand and the gateway to the region. You’ll visit some of the key sites in the city including Prasat Hin Phimai, a temple that’s comparable to the majestic Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
You’ll sample the delightful local delicacy somtam, an explosive spicy salad that pairs perfectly with grilled chicken. You’ll also go to Khao Yai National Park and take a tour of one of Asia’s foremost wineries and enjoy a tasting with a specialist.
From Khao Yai you’ll venture to Khon Kaen, a region famous for fabulous silk and tasty Isaan sausages. You’ll also discover some of the area’s bustling local markets packed with vibrant stalls that sell a huge variety of colorful foods and exotic ingredients.
Your trip will climax in Wang Nam Mok, a village homestay project that offers an authentic view of a traditional Thai village, where you will be blessed at your own private Baci Ceremony and fed a feast of regional specialties by a local family. You’ll also learn the secrets of preparing some of the delightful dishes under the guidance of an expert chef from the region.
- Enjoy a food-lovers dream tour, taking in authentic local restaurants and vibrant markets
- Let your taste buds loose on an investigation of some of Isaan, and Thailand’s, most iconic and delicious foods
- Put your own cooking skills to the test and discover the recipes of some of Isaan’s most revered dishes
- Receive a Baci blessing in a private ceremony to bless your journey and health
- Investigate the breathtaking Khao Yai National Park and visit a local winery for an exclusive taste testing experience
Price (USD $)per person based on half-twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Apr 2015||From USD $976 per person|
|01 May 2015 - 31 Oct 2015||From USD $950 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a half- twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)