Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
SWEET, SOUR, SALT AND SPICY: THAILAND’S CULTURE AND CUISINE
Discover the wonders of Thailand’s culture and cuisine as you travel from the buzzing capital Bangkok to beautiful Chiang Mai and beyond, partaking in a range of experiences on the way. From hill tribe meetings, lunch with village locals and classic Thai picnics, to cooking classes and celebrity chef’s dinners.
Dine high up in Bangkok’s skyline for your first night, with an evening at a stylish rooftop restaurant. Head to Wat Pho the next morning to witness the monks’ magical morning chant. Let our guide reveal the fascinating history behind the Grand Palace, home to the mysterious Emerald Buddha.
Enjoy a delicious dessert made with vermicelli and coconut milk before going to one of Bangkok’s best markets, with a huge range of top-quality foods and agricultural products to buy and try. Dine at a famous restaurant which supports a local non-profit organization, then learn the secrets of Thai cooking at a cooking school. Hop on a boat to a small island which is home to some of the best foods in this part of Thailand.
In the evening, enjoy a quintessentially Thai picnic in the park. Try the classic fried-noodle dish pad thai, at one of its best purveyors where the dish has been made for over 60 years; before heading to lively, colorful Chinatown, where a myriad sights, sounds and smells await.
Change the pace now as you fly to the beautiful ‘Rose of the North’, Chiang Mai. Take part in your own private blessing ceremony at the iconic Doi Suthep and see the glittering lights of the city from above. Enjoy dinner at the home of a celebrity chef, who will prepare a delicious multi-course meal for you. Journey by elephant and bamboo raft to visit hill tribe villages deep in the Thai countryside.
Have a delicious home-cooked lunch at a community ecotourism project and visit the largest fruit and herb winery in Thailand. Explore the Golden Triangle area and try out the famous Oolong tea and ‘Doi Chang’ coffee which is produced in this region.
- Pick your own herbs and unlock the wonders of Thai cuisine in a cooking class
- Go on a classic Thai picnic in the park
- Experience a specially prepared multi-course dinner at the home of a celebrity chef
- Enjoy a delicious home-cooked lunch with locals at a community ecotourism project
- Visit the largest fruit and herb winery in Thailand and learn about the production of their wines, and an Oolong Tea plantation.
Price (USD $)per person based on a half-twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Oct 2013||$1869 per person|
|01 Nov 2013 - 31 Oct 2014||$1843 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a half-twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Seamlessly blending a tropical safari environment with jungle-inspired luxury, Four Seasons Tented Camp recreates the atmosphere and aura of a 19th century exploration settlement.
Luxurious a ...
Located in historic Ratanakosin Island near the city’s Grand Palace and Wat Pho temple, Old Bangkok Inn combines the charm and style of the city’s past with a warm and homely atmosphere. Run by ...
Enjoying an ideal location in the center of Chiang Mai’s historic moated city, the intimate Rachamankha Hotel is one of the northern city’s hidden boutique gems. Set in a 2 acre area of green l ...