We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
SMALL GROUP TOUR MYANMAR THROUGH LOCAL EYES
From US$1,650 per person
Join our Myanmar Small Group Tour and see the main highlights this captivating destination has to offer, as well as lesser seen destinations combined with insider experiences together with like-minded individuals. Designed by our expert team of local Travel Specialists based in Yangon, our Myanmar Through Local Eyes tour operates for a maximum of 16 and minimum of just two travelers.
The unique local experiences included in the tour allow you see the country in comfort staying in boutique accommodation, using the best in-country local guides while traveling using the best transportation and domestic airlines available. Our specifically designed Myanmar Through Local Eyes tour, like all Backyard Travel trips, is overseen by an in-country team who are on hand 24/7 to assist if needed.
The nine-day tour departs Yangon on a Saturday, and ends the following Sunday back in the country’s capital. The tailored tours are scheduled monthly and take you to the sights in Yangon, Bagan, Inle Lake as well as lesser known Pindaya, meeting locals along the way and give you the chance to experience unseen areas and observe local communities living out their day-to-day lives.
Myanmar is a highly sought after and almost unique destination in today’s world, but it’s not without challenges that travelers can face when visiting. Our specially arranged tours, planned by on-the-ground specialists remove all the potential worries and allow you a hassle-free vacation and peace of mind to relax, enabling you to fully enjoy the majesty of this delightful and charming nation.
- Take an ‘insiders’ walking tour of the backstreets of bustling Yangon
- Enjoy a sunrise horse cart and ride through the plains of Bagan
- Partake in a cooking class with a local family in the lesser-visited destination of Pindaya
- Eat in restaurants only the locals know about
- Climb to a mountain-top shrine at Mt. Popa and learn about animist spirits
- See the capital through local eyes with a ride on Yangon’s circular train, taking you to the outskirts and ‘suburbs’ of the captivating city
Departure Dates 2013:
|March-April:||30 March – 7 April|
|December-January:||24 December - 1 January 2014|
Minimum travelers required for departure: 2
Maximum travelers in the group: 16
Price per person on 03 Mar - 21 Sep Departures 2013: US$1,650 per person for shared twin/double accommodation in 4-star boutique hotels
Single travelers supplement until September 30 2013: A single traveler supplement of US$670 per person is applicable (please note we can pair you up on a twin sharing basis with similar travelers as required).
Price per person on 19 Oct – 24 Dec Departures 2013: US$1,995 per person for shared twin/double accommodation in 4-star boutique hotels
Single travelers supplement 19 Oct – 24 Dec Departures 2013: A single traveler supplement of US$860 per person is applicable (please note we can pair you up on a twin sharing basis with similar travelers as required).
Domestic Flights: Please note domestic flight prices are not included.
Economy class domestic flights per person Yangon – Heho / Heho – Bagan /
Bagan – Yangon:
Until 30 Sep 2013: 363$US per person
01 Oct 2013-01 Jan 2014: 435$US per person
Cut off Booking Period: Please note that due to limited hotel and transport availability in Myanmar, all tours must be booked and confirmed 45 days in advance.
All Backyard Travel small group departures places can fill quickly. To avoid disappointment, we suggest you book your trip as soon as possible.
Further information and FAQ’s please refer to our Trip Notes. Contact us for further information.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Eight nights’ accommodation with daily breakfast at selected 3- and 4-star boutique hotels in a twin share basis (single travelers see our supplement as well as room sharing recommendation)
- Private service of English speaking guide throughout the tour (you will have the same guide for the duration of your group tour)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: eight breakfasts, three lunches and four dinners
- Private tours, transfers and all services for the group as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Entrance fees for all sights visited
Not included on this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic and international flights
- Flight departure taxes (if applicable)
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Supplement for early check-in and late check-out
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Inle Lake View Resort & Spa is a 24-acre boutique property set along the shores of Inle Lake’s west banks. Surrounded by the area’s lush natural scenery, the property is also home to verdan ...