Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
A SLICE OF SAGAR: INLE LAKE’S BEST KEPT SECRET
Take a scenic cruise across the vast, scenic expanse of Inle Lake and visit the lesser-seen Sagar village where you’ll discover over 100 sunken stupas and undisturbed villages of the Pa-O hill tribe.
A scenic boat cruise across Inle Lake to reach Sagar sets the tone for a trip full of atmospheric explorations as you drift down the peaceful waters disturbed only by other boats, fishermen plying their trade and village children diving into the great lake to combat the heat.
Upon arrival in seldom-seen Sagar you’ll be treated to a guided exploration of the sunken stupas submerged by the lake. You’ll also have the chance to take a tour of other nearby attractions; relishing the fact the region attracts far fewer travelers than other parts of Myanmar.
In the evening you’ll spend the night at a quaint lodge and in the morning awake to a picturesque breakfast service on the lodge’s rooftop terrace. Throughout the morning you’ll then enjoy trips to various Pa-O hill tribe villages of Sae Khaung and Tar Kaung and discover their ancient secrets for rice wine and pottery production.
- Learn all about the Pa-O hill tribes with a visit to Sae Khaung and Tar Kaung villages
- Take a cruise down to a remote area of Inle Lake and appreciate the idyllic beauty of the picturesque region
- Visit the sunken stupas of Sagar, submerged by Inle Lake
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Sep 2014||From USD$294 per person|
|01 Oct 2014 - 30 Apr 2015||From USD$264 per person|
|01 May 2015 - 30 Sep 2015||From USD$249 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)