Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
Popular China Collections
NATURAL WONDERS OF HUNAN PROVINCE
This tailor-made tour to Hunan Province in Southern China is a treat for nature lovers and florophiles alike and immerses you in the spectacular natural scenery and spellbinding landscape vistas of Wulingyuan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site filled with spectacular national parks.
Ideal for active travelers, the tour also includes a day of adventurous activity with the opportunity to kayak around the Mendong River, ending at the Liusha Waterfall where you can sample freshly caught crab from the rock pools all around.
The awe-inspiring tour also takes you on a two-hour trek around some of the famous trails and tracks of Hunan, such as the Zuolong Gorge and around the ‘Son of Heaven Mountain’, also known as Tianzishan to locals, as well as spending considerable time in the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, reputed to have been the inspiration for the fantasy world Pandora in the 2009 movie Avatar.
The province is also home to the H’mong people, iconic and easily recognized from their colorful and fascinating attire, and you will have ample opportunity to observe and interact with these fascinating people during your time in Fenghuang and the small village of Dehang.
- Visit the breathtaking karst mountain formations of Wulingyuan National Park
- Observe the indigenous H’mong hill tribes as they go about their daily lives
- Take a rafting adventure along the Mendong River, stopping to swim under one of the many waterfalls or in one of the limestone caves
- Sample fresh crab caught in the pool under the spectacular Liusha Waterfall
- Visit the caves that dot the National Parks that used to be hideouts for gangs of bandits and thieves
Price (USD $ ) per person for shared half-twin
|Valid until 31 Dec 2014||From USD$ 1443 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a half-twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)