Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
THE MEKONG DELTA'S HIDDEN TREASURES
Travel deep into the Mekong on this classic Backyard tour. See an area untouched by visitors, cycle though sleepy villages to see artists at work, and dine with a local family.
Journey deep into the Mekong Valley and see an area largely unchanged over the past century. Visit Sa Dec, the town immortalized by Marguerite Duras in her novel ‘The Lover’. Cycle though sleepy villages to see local artisans at work, and dine with a local family in their 100 year old traditional house.
Leave early for the town of Sadec deep in the Mekong Delta. Have lunch at the former home of Mr. Huynh Thuy Le, the main character in Marguerite Duras’ novel, ‘The Lover’. See a brick factory where the bricks are still made by hand. Stay at the Mekong Lodge, which provides an authentic Vietnamese stay.
Take an early morning boat trip to Cai Be floating market and visit an area untouched by tourism, where you can see locals making roof thatching from palm trees. Say hello to a former war veteran who’ll show you around his delightful tropical fruit orchard and enjoy lunch at the home of a local family.
- See an area largely unchanged for the past century
- Take a cycle tour through sleepy villages and over canals to see local artisans at work
- Meet a war veteran at his splendid tropical fruit orchard
- Enjoy a home-cooked lunch at the 100 year old house of a local family
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 31 Dec 2013||$370 per person|
|01 Jan 14 - 31 Sep 2014||$385 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)