Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
LUXURY VIETNAM UNVEILED
Immerse yourself in the culture of Vietnam. With insider guides who’ll unlock secret histories, expert cooks with traditional recipes and friendly meetings with local families; you’ll explore and experience the real, authentic Vietnam.
Tour Ho Chi Minh City on a chauffeur-driven Vespa. See the cathedral of Notre Dame before ferrying to the vibrant markets and shops of Chinatown. Dine at a private home in the suburbs of Ho Chi Minh City. Board your boat the ‘Song Xahn’, modeled on a traditional sampan, and explore small canals and tributaries. Enjoy a dinner at a beautiful 19th century house.
Visit Cai Rang Floating Market, seeing traditional sights along the banks of the Mekong. Transfer to Hoi An, a 17th century trading port which has changed little over the years. Cycle down narrow country roads, to meet a local farming family and join them for a lunch. Travel to the former Imperial capital where ancient tombs and mausoleums commemorate the former glory of the city. Join Buddhist monks for lunch at a pagoda.
Dine at a private ‘garden house’ where the lady of the house will prepare a fabulous meal. Visit Dong Ba Market, filled with fresh produce. Transfer to Hanoi and enjoy lunch at a restored colonial villa. Take a guided tour of the Long Bien Bridge, designed by Sir Gustave Eiffel. Have a whole day food tour with an American chef and food writer. Board a traditional wooden junk for an overnight cruise into Halong Bay.
Take a trip to an agricultural village in the Northern River Delta. Discover the area’s 1200 year old history as you wander through narrow village alleyways and past tiny temples. Dine in style at the home of a true Hanoian whose grandmother used to cook for the French elite in the 1930’s.
- Take an insider’s tour of Ho Chi Minh City with a local student on a chauffeur-driven Vespa.
- Dine at a private home in the suburbs of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Explore the small canals and tributaries of the Mekong Delta on a traditional sampan replica.
- Visit a local market with your host and learn how to make a traditional Saigon meal.
- Cycle into the countryside and join a farming family as they work and cook.
- Go on an insider’s food tour of Hanoi with a chef and food writer.
- Visit a 400 year old village and meet locals as you wander through narrow village alleyways and past tiny temples.
- Dine at the home of a true Hanoian whose grandmother used to cook for the French elite in the 1930s.
Price (USD $ ) per person for shared twin/double
|31 Dec. 2013||$5,870 per person|
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
The Caravelle Hotel is one of Ho Chi Minh’s landmark properties, boasting an enviable downtown location. With over 50 years of history, dating from 1959 and playing a role during Vietnam’s turb ...
Situated along the serene banks of West Lake adjacent to an 800 pagoda, Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake presents a peaceful and refined luxury experience in Vietnam’s capital.
Offering 359 ...
La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa is a boutique property with art deco influences located along the banks of the romantically named Perfume River. Even with recent renovations, the storied hotel has ...
Located in the center of Vietnam’s capital city just walking distance from Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter, Maison D'Hanoi Hanova Hotel mixes early 20th century European charm, Viet ...
Overlooking the Saigon River and constructed in French architectural and Riviera styles, Hotel Majestic Saigon truly captures Vietnam’s old world charm. Boasting a storied history almost 100 year ...
Just steps from Ho Chi Minh City’s main attractions, the opulent Park Hyatt Saigon combines the essence and class of a 5 star property with the grace and charm of Vietnamese hospitality. The 9 st ...
Boasting an excellent location in the capital, Silk Path Hotel Hanoi is a luxurious property that blends opulent sophistication, contemporary designs and oriental flair with smiling Vietnamese hosp ...