Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
See Myanmar in style. Travelling by private motorboat, horse-carriage and elephant coach you’ll take sunset cruises, have wine-tasting sessions, see less-visited temples and unseen markets, visit craft villages and dine with local families of lake-based communities at Inle Lake.
Tour Yangon in a restored 1945 vintage Chevrolet, known as an ‘Elephant Coach’. Watch sunset from Shwedagon Pagoda, overlooking the city. In the evening enjoy a welcome dinner at The Strand.
Head out onto the magnificent Inle Lake in a private motorboat and stay in a stilt bungalow with panoramic views of the lake. Enjoy a traditional lunch at an Inthar House in Nampan Village. Have a wine tasting session at the Inle Princess Wine Cave. Browse a lively morning market and visit the local nunneries and monasteries to learn about life in these Buddhist institutions.
Take a morning trip to the busy market of Nyaung Oo and see local life as Bagan residents do their morning shopping. Take a sunset cruise along the Irrawaddy River enjoying stunning views of Bagan with a cocktail. Clop along in a horse carriage to visit Ananda Temple and its nearby monastery. Pass the highest temple in Bagan and the enormous Dhammayangyi Temple.
Go to Bogyoke Market; filled with handmade goods and curios: a perfect place for gift shopping.
- Tour Yangon in a restored 1945 vintage Chevrolet, known as an ‘Elephant Coach’.
- Stay in a lakeside stilt bungalow with panoramic views of the lake.
- Sit on cushions at a low-table and enjoy an Inthar meal at a traditional Inthar House.
- Cruise the Irrawaddy River with cocktails and enjoy stunning sunset views of Bagan.
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 April 2015||From USD $2,334 per person|
|01 May 2015 - 30 Sep 2015||From USD $1,850 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in luxury accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
A calm and appeasing getaway, Inle Princess Resort is situated along the eastern shores of Myanmar’s soothing Inle Lake amongst the Shan Hills and nearby rice just a mere 20 minute boat ride from ...