Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
IN LOVE WITH LUANG PRABANG
A heartwarming adventure into the soul of Luang Prabang awaits on this five-day, four-night tailored tour to Laos’ spiritual capital. A destination filled with warm, welcoming people, the city is a mecca for cultural explorers who want to see - and fall in love with - the true fabric of society in Laos.
To begin your exploration, you’ll pay visit to the ‘Stay Another Day’ exhibition where you’ll learn about Laos’ sustainable tourism drive. You’ll then have the chance to scale Mount Phousi and observe the natural beauty of the region from one of its most breathtaking viewpoints, before visiting a nearby hill tribe market.
Day two will bring the opportunity to tour around the city by means of an environmentally friendly electric bike, starting at the National Museum, before visiting the city’s most revered temples including Wat Xieng Thong.
The romantic tour next takes you on a cruise to see the famous Pak Ou caves, along the way discovering the important role the Mekong River plays in local life. You’ll then have the chance to learn about local Lao cuisine at a cooking school where you will learn the tricks and techniques to cook perfect authentic dishes.
You’ll then have your pulse set racing with a trip to the spectacular Kuang Si Waterfalls after an early start to see the fascinating early-morning alms collection by a long line of monks. Before you embark upon your onward journey you will have the unique opportunity to take part in a Baci ceremony, to bless your travel and bid you a safe farewell.
- Explore the culture of Luang Prabang and local religious sites on an electric bike tour including three magnificent temples
- Learn about Laos’ passion for preservation with national programs to encourage sustainable tourism
- Take the chance to learn how to prepare a selection of Laos dishes at one of the best local cooking schools
- Visit the majestic Kuang Si Waterfalls
- Go on a pilgrimage to the iconic Pak Ou caves
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Incorporating Luang Prabang’s verdant jungle environment into its laid back and soothing aura, Lao Spirit Resort emulates the traditional village living experience flawlessly. Local materials are ...