We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
LAID-BACK LAOS: FAMILY HOLIDAYS IN LUANG PRABANG
Take a majestic family retreat into the heartland of Laos to experience one of the world’s friendliest nations. A culture that loves to smile and take things easy and cherishes children with a genuine family culture, Laos is a world away from the stresses and strains that sometimes accompany life in the West.
Luang Prabang in laid-back Laos is a destination filled with warm, welcoming people and is a mecca for cultural explorers. Every inch of the area is packed with experiences, moments and delightful natural wonders in a country that never rushes to share with your loved ones.
Explore the local culture in an eco-friendly way with a guided electric bike tour around three of Luang Prabang’s most magnificent temples.
Scale the steps of Mount Phousi and witness a spellbinding sunset over the magical region. Experience the natural beauty of Kuang Si Waterfalls and the intriguing Pak Ou caves. You’ll learn the fascinating history of the country at the Traditional Art & Ethnology Center and also have the unique chance to take part in a traditional baci ceremony to bid you safe passage on your onward journey.
At Kamu Lodge you will experience a unique way of life totally isolated from modern technology and have the chance to learn all about panning for gold, fishing or rice farming.
This Luang Prabang tour provides the perfect opportunity to live, learn and love the ways of the Laotians and experience a serene, hassle-free vacation you - and your family – will never want to end.
- Explore the culture of Luang Prabang and local religious sites on an electric bike tour including three magnificent temples
- Climb to the top of Mount Phousi and witness a breathtaking sunset view before visiting nearby hill tribe markets
- Visit the majestic Kuang Si Waterfalls and iconic Pak Ou caves
- Learn about life in lesser-seen local villages and the way the Mekong provides valuable resources to the regions hill tribes
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Sep 2015||From USD$599 per person|
*Please note: Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Lao New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges" if relevant under the rate table.
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Located within the heart of Luang Prabang, Maison Da La Bua is a refreshing resort of traditional yet luxurious wooden houses, landscaped tropical gardens and a central lotus pond. The property cap ...
Overlooking the Nam Khan River from its hillside position, the Apsara Rive Droite features a stunning collection of fine Asian art, as well as boasting a serene environment of manicured gardens and ...