Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
JOURNEY FROM CHIANG MAI TO KENGTUNG MYANMAR
This cross-country tour of Northern Thailand and East Myanmar takes you to visit some of the most fascinating rural areas of Southeast Asia, allowing numerous insider experiences of lesser-seen regions.
You’ll discover the beauty of Northern Thailand, making stops at the sublime limestone caves of Chiang Dao, Tha Ton and Mae Salong, where you’ll have the chance to interact with local hill tribes on your the way to the Golden Triangle.
The region north of Chiang Mai is home to many indigenous hill tribes, such as the Yao and Akha and you’ll have the chance to spend some time observing their way of life and interating with them.
Once at the Golden Triangle, you’ll see the confluence of Mekong and Ruak Rivers where Laos, Thailand and Myanmar meet and have the chance to make a short visit to Don Sao Island, part of Laos.
Your special cross-country tour will take you across the border at Mae Sai and into marvelous Myanmar. You’ll experience some of the most picturesque landscapes in the country as you travel to Kengtung where you will have the opportunity to take a trek along a lesser-seen route.
Your Backyard Travel guide will lead you along a hilly trail, stopping at an isolated monastery, coming to rest at Wan Nyat a small village inhabited by the Loi hill tribe where once again you can observe the traditional way of life in a rural region of Southeast Asia.
- Take a journey around Thailand’s north, moving through the fascinating rural regions and see real life first-hand
- Meet various hill tribe villagers in Northern Thailand and the Shan State Myanmar
- Enjoy a trek through the natural beauty and rolling hills of the picturesque Myanmar landscape
Price (USD $)per person based on a half-twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Sep 2014||$969 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a half - twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Seamlessly blending a tropical safari environment with jungle-inspired luxury, Four Seasons Tented Camp recreates the atmosphere and aura of a 19th century exploration settlement.
Luxurious a ...