Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
A Javanese Journey
Discover Java’s temples, volcanoes and people. See stunning scenes by train, on horseback, car and 4WD jeep. Ascend mountains, visit temples and plantations; and enjoy unique cultural experiences and meetings with locals as you actively journey through Java.
Transfer to Jogjakarta; the centre of old Javanese culture. See the process of batik and make your own design from scratch. Start a tour at the Sultan’s Palace, built in the 18th century. Next door is the water palace and garden of ‘Taman Sari’. Journey in a ‘becak’, a local form of transport to see real city and village life. Head out to the 9th century Hindu Temples at Prambanan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take the stunning, scenic train ride to eastern Java and head to Ngadisiri; a spectacular village and one of the gateways to Mt Bromo.
Go on a sunrise tour of Mt. Bromo. Board a 4 wheel-drive jeep and witness this stunning spectacle. Ride on horseback next to the crater rim. Visit plantations growing cocoa, coffee, rubber and pepper. Set off on a 4WD jeep journey to Mount Ijen. Drive to base camp at 1850 meters and make the 3km ascent to the top of the mountain. Transfer to a beach at the end of your trip.
- Make your own batik design from scratch at a workshop.
- Discover Jogjakarta while riding in a local ‘becak’.
- Witness the sun rise from Mount Bromo and ride on horseback to the crater rim.
- Journey in a 4WD jeep to Mount Ijen, home to an active sulphur mine.
- See everyday village activities; vanilla harvesting and playing local instruments.
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)