We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
Popular Thailand Collections
HONEYMOON IN THAILAND - A ROMANTIC LUXURY JOURNEY
Thailand’s variety of beautiful settings, tropical climate and relaxed atmosphere make it the perfect place for romantic getaways. Honeymoon in Thailand with 5-star stays, private cruises and a variety of real Thai experiences included.
Start with a drive through Bangkok’s old quarters, softly lit in the warm Bangkok evening. Enjoy dinner with cocktails at a riverside restaurant and visit a local flower market. Visit the Grand Palace at the heart of old Bangkok, whose opulent grounds are also home to the mysterious Emerald Buddha. Take a canal tour of Bangkok’s famous old waterways.
Walk around Chinatown, one of the oldest parts of Bangkok and stop for tea with locals. Receive blessings from monks at a temple and offer gifts to monks at Wat Rathabophit in a traditional Thai-Buddhist practice. You’ll visit the house of Jim Thompson, the silk-millionaire who disappeared mysteriously in the jungles of Malaysia in 1969.
Next, head to the ‘Rose of the North’, Chiang Mai and explore the old city, taking part in your own private blessing. Enjoy a traditional ‘Khantoke’ dinner and light a ‘khom loy’ lantern together for good luck. Next day is your traditional Thai wedding at a beautiful temple where the monks will tie white string around your wrists to symbolize your binding. Trek on an elephant and visit hill tribe villages where you’ll learn the culture and customs of these fascinating people.
Now fly to Koh Lanta in Krabi and relax at your secluded resort and spa with white sand beach and emerald waters, set in 100 acres of lush tropical forest.
- Visit a local flower market, alive with exotic flowers.
- Take a private cruise of Bangkok’s canals on a rice barge and discover the life of these famous waterways.
- Make merits to the monks at Wat Rathabophit in the Buddhist tradition of ‘Tak Badh’.
- Have a traditional Thai wedding ceremony at a Buddhist temple and plant a 'love tree' together.
- Visit the villages of Paluang, Akha and Lisu hill tribes and learn about these fascinating people.
- Relax on beautiful Koh Lanta, a quiet island retreat in the Andaman Sea.
Price (USD $)per person based on a half-twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 31 Oct 2014||From USD $6,689 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a half-twin room in luxury accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Seamlessly blending a tropical safari environment with jungle-inspired luxury, Four Seasons Tented Camp recreates the atmosphere and aura of a 19th century exploration settlement.
Luxurious a ...
Nestled along the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is one of the Thai capital’s top hotels. Beyond the opulent exterior presentation, the rooms are as plush, with five st ...
Located in historic Ratanakosin Island near the city’s Grand Palace and Wat Pho temple, Old Bangkok Inn combines the charm and style of the city’s past with a warm and homely atmosphere. Run by ...
Enjoying an ideal location in the center of Chiang Mai’s historic moated city, the intimate Rachamankha Hotel is one of the northern city’s hidden boutique gems. Set in a 2 acre area of green l ...
Blending seamlessly into the lush tropical forest and facing its the Andaman Sea, Pimalai Resort & Spa is a peaceful escape with a luxurious and elegant touch. The elegant boutique property fea ...