We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
HOME OF THE GODS: CENTRAL JAVA
Discover the volcanoes, ancient temples, shrines and plantations of Central Java, with stunning resort stays, horse rides and trips to local villages. Uncover Java’s craft and history in Jogjakarta, the centre of old Javanese culture.
Arrive in Solo and head out to the 9th century Hindu temples of Prambanan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Drive to the magnificent Borobudur, the largest Buddhist temple in the world. See village life with a ride in a local horse cart, or ‘dokar’. Stop to see everyday village activities including vanilla and chilli harvesting, making cassava crackers and playing instruments. Afterwards, enjoy lunch in a restaurant set amid green rice fields.
Leave early in the morning for the drive to the ‘home of the gods’; the volcanic Dieng Plateau. Stay in a hilltop resort set in tea and coffee plantations. Take a walking tour of the plantations and learn about the growing, roasting and grinding of Java coffee. Stay in Jogjakarta, the centre of old Javanese culture, touring the city in a ‘becak’, a local form of transport. In the evening, dine at a local restaurant and enjoy a performance of traditional Ramayana Dance.
- See everyday village life in a horse cart in Borobudur.
- Tour a coffee plantation and learn about the growing, roasting and grinding of Java coffee.
- Dine at a local restaurant and see a performance of traditional Ramayana Dance.
- Take a ‘becak’, a local form of transport through the streets of Jogjakarta.
Price (USD $)per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 31 Mar 2015||From USD $789 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)