It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
HISTORY AND ARTS OF LUANG PRABANG
Embark upon a dreamy investigation of the artistic soul of romantic Luang Prabang, a place touched by delightful natural beauty with a serene aura of simplicity that’s rarely found in the modern world.
On this cultured tour, you’ll visit the scenes of breathtaking beauty that have motivated artists for centuries, such as the Pak Ou caves. You’ll also be given the chance to visit the top galleries and exhibitions of local and international artists, to see Luang Prabang as they do, interpreted with their own style and grace.
You’ll spend time visiting the local wonders with an expert local guide who will explain the unique sites such as Mount Phousi and the magnificent Wat Mai and Wat Xieng Thong, as well as other iconic sites such as the decadent Royal Palace.
- Explore the arty side of laid-back Luang Prabang, an inspiring place that stimulates artists
- Learn about Luang Prabang’s past and present through art exhibitions at local galleries
- Take time to appreciate local art and Lao culture with insider tours led by an expert Backyard Travel guide
- Discover the cultural sites of Wat Xieng Thong, Wat Mai, the Royal Palace and Pak Ou Caves
- Visit Saaifone Contemporary Gallery, du Pavillon du Jade and Project Space to learn more about local artists through exhibitions
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Apr 2014||$466 per person|
|01 May 2014 - 30 Sep 2014||$436 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Overlooking the Nam Khan River from its hillside position, the Apsara Rive Droite features a stunning collection of fine Asian art, as well as boasting a serene environment of manicured gardens and ...