We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
HISTORIC HIROSHIMA AND MAJESTIC MIYAJIMA
Make a pilgrimage to Itsukushima Island, commonly known as ‘Miyajima’, home to the Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s listed as one of the ‘Three Views of Japan’ found just off the coastline northwest of Hiroshima Bay.
Hiroshima is a region that’s suffered great adversity in modern times, and had the unfathomable misfortune of being the target of the first atomic bomb during World War II.
The plucky region used the opportunity to reinvent itself, rising out of the ashes of devastation to rebuild a city that honors those who tragically lost their lives. The city is home to many outstanding museums and parks that pay homage to its lost children.
The main attraction of Hiroshima is undoubtedly the majestic gate at Itsukushima Shrine on Itsukushima Island which is lovingly called ‘Miyajima’ by locals which means ‘Shrine Island’.
The Shrine contains The Floating Torii Gate, a pier-like structure which is one of the most photographed sites in Japan. While on the island you can also hike (or take a cable car ride) to the top of Mt. Misen to get a scenic view of the surrounding region.
- Explore an important region in Japanese history, rebuilt after a devastating attack during World War II
- Visit the quaint island of Itsukushima, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s home to the famous Floating Torii Gate, listed as one of the ‘Three Views of Japan’
- Learn about the culture of this less-visited area with tours around its many fascinating museums
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Boasting a central location within the historic city next to JR Hiroshima Station, Sheraton Hiroshima is a superior accommodation boasting a convenient location in the city center. Featuring a soot ...