We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
Popular China Collections
EXPLORE ANCIENT YUNNAN: DALI, SHAXI & LIJIANG
Yunnan is a destination filled to the brim with history and unique culture. Often overlooked, the mountainous region of Yunnan in the Southwest of China is one of the most authentic and beautiful must-see places of this dynamic country.
This tailor-made tour into China’s past takes you deep into the countries backyard to sample a way of life that’s barely changed for centuries. On your five day / four night tour you will have the chance to learn about two distinct hill tribes of China; the Bai and Naxi people, both of whom have a fascinating way of life far removed from anything you may be familiar with.
You’ll also have the chance to visit some of the most scenic cultural areas in China on guided walking tours, including visits to the ‘stone treasure mountain’ of Shibaoshan, Lion Hill and Black Dragon Pond from which you can view the majestic Jade Dragon Mountain.
When not out investigating the sublime nature and countryside, your stay will also allow you to experience the laid-back way of life in the towns of Shuanglang, Wase, Dali, Lijiang and Shaxi where one of the major past-times is relaxing with a spot people-watching.
- Take a walking tour to enjoy the local markets of Lijiang, the labyrinth of alleyways on the way to Lion Hill, as well as the Black Dragon Pond which provides panoramic views of the Jade Dragon Mountain
- Visit Erhai Lake away from the crowds in the village of Shuanglang
- Discover how Bai fishermen spend their days in the village of Wase
- See the Three Pagodas at the Chongsheng Temple in Dali
- Spend time in Shaxi, a major stop on the Tea-Horse Road
- Visit the ‘Stone Treasure Mountain’ of Shibaoshan which dates back to the 9th century
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a half - twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 31 Dec 2015||From USD$1,059 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a half-twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)