Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
Popular China Collections
When you picture China in your mind, you undoubtedly visualize the Great Wall of China, The Terracotta Warriors, great food and bustling cities. Of course, these are the most common projections of this immense country, but because of its size, China offers so much more than you can possibly imagine.
Our Essential China tour offers you an in-depth investigation into not just the places you know of already, but also so many you’ve yet to discover. We’ll take you to explore the two most spectacular cities in China to bookend your trip, Beijing and Shanghai, removing the hassle of the hustle of these metropolises with stress-free transfers and personal guided tours.
As well as touring the big cities, we’ll also take you to see the rural areas of China, blessed with natural beauty and a way of life that contrasts the hectic city life perfectly. You’ll visit two truly fascinating regions, Shaanxi and Guangxi and feel fully immersed in a culture and lifestyle you’ll never forget.
Your tour of China will also take you to experience the Great Wall of China at a lesser-frequented section to avoid the crowds, see the Terracotta Warriors of Xi’an stand guard over the tomb of Emperor Qin Shi Huang and cruise across the Li River to see the aesthetic beauty of the picturesque Guilin and Yangshuo regions
- Take a trip to a lesser-visited section of The Great Wall of China and enjoy a peaceful picnic perched atop the majestic structure
- Visit the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an, sentries frozen in time, immortalized by stone
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site The Summer Palace
- Get a true glimpse of Chinese society with an overnight sleeper train experience
- Learn about ancient Chinese art of penjing (gardening) from an experienced gardener
- Lift the lid on China’s complicated relationship with religion as you visit the temples of numerous practiced faiths
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a half- twin sharing basis.
|01 Sep 2014 - 30 Nov 2014||From USD $2194 per person|
|01 Dec 2014 - 30 Dec 2014||From USD $2116 per person|
|01 Jan 2015 - 31 Mar 2015||From USD $2179 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a half-twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)