Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
Popular China Collections
It’s easy to immediately think of the Forbidden City, the Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors when you consider China, but this wonder-filled country has so much more to offer – enough to fill a lifetime of travel. Although it may be impossible to see all of what China offers in one trip, this package allows you to see the key highlights of this captivating destination.
Our ‘Epic China’ tour will take you on an once-in-a-lifetime trip through the most essential elements of one of the most varied and interesting civilizations on the planet, including all the elements you already know of China, and many often unseen ones that will amaze and surprise you. Along the way you’ll learn, absorb and savor the sights, sounds and subtle nuances through unique interactions that only a trip with Backyard Travel can offer.
You will visit the film sets of numerous places you’ll instantly recognize from iconic movies such as Ang Lee’s ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon’ and Ai Weiwei’s films ‘Hero’ and ‘House of Flying Daggers’. You’ll see the wonders of China the majesty of Beijing, the bustle of Shanghai, and the natural beauty of UNESCO World Heritage Sites at staggering scenery of Guilin. We’ll also take you to see the Terracotta Warriors and the Great Wall up close and at times when fewer people are around.
Your guide will show you behind the scenes of the real China as you experience modern life in the big cities as well as stepping back in time to some of the rural areas.
- Take a trip to a lesser-visited section of The Great Wall of China and enjoy a peaceful picnic perched atop the majestic structure
- Visit the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an, sentries frozen in time, immortalized by stone
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Summer Palace, West Lake, the villages of Xidi and Hongcun, and of course, the Great Wall of China
- Learn about ancient Chinese arts including fengshui, Chinese medicine, acupuncture and qigong
- See China the authentic way, by guided bike tours of Xi’an, Pingyao, Yangshuo, Hangzhou, Xidi, Hongcun, Chengshitang, Tachuan, and Namping
- Get a true glimpse of Chinese society with an overnight sleeper train experience
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a half-twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)