It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
ELEPHANT CAMP EXPERIENCE LAOS
Seize a unique opportunity to spend time with and understand one of the world’s most fascinating species – the Asian elephant. This intriguing stay at Sayaboury Elephant Conservation Center takes you to Laos to live amongst the majestic giants, giving you the chance to feed, bathe and learn all about them.
During your stay in the Center you will spent countless hours in the company of the gentle animals, starting with a formal introduction by one of the local mahouts who will demonstrate the skills and dexterity required to mount and dismount the enormous pachyderms.
On both days of your stay you will have the wonderful chance to assist during the elephants’ bath time, and also have the chance to feed them by hand.
Your special tour will also give you the chance to join the elephants on their one-hour trek around the tropical jungle on their daily exercise routine and then later on have the exclusive opportunity to see the elephant ‘nursery’ where mothers teach the infant elephants the tricks of life.
On the final day of this inspirational tour you’ll be given the chance to seek out Buddha’s footprint, a mark that was left by the deity and which is considered a sacred area by locals.
This magical trip is a unique chance for you to get up close and personal with some of the most majestic members of the animal kingdom while immersing yourself totally in their care-free camp.
- Spend time with the Center’s resident elephants and have the unique opportunity to bathe and feed the majestic giants
- Discover the traditional techniques a mahout uses to mount and dismount the elephants and understand their unique bond
- Stay at one of the world’s most pro-active elephant sanctuaries that cares for sick and mistreated animals
- Learn about the plight of Asian elephants and what is being done to ensure their survival
- Take a guided walk through the surrounding dense forest to find Buddha’s footprint, considered a sacred mark by locals
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Sep 14||From USD$568 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in standard accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)