Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
EAT, LEARN, LOVE YANGON
Experience a version of Yangon for the more discerning palate. This culture-packed tour will showcase the fascinating art, architecture and cuisine of Myanmar’s former capital.
You’ll spend a day pursuing the artistic soul of Yangon, a city which displays its heart through outstanding buildings, numerous art galleries and museums. Learn about Myanmar’s most famous artists and the unique style their art has adopted.
Visit Yangon’s outstanding Shwedagon and Kyauktawgyi Pagodas to uncover the close association between Buddhism and locals. Take an architecture tour suited to your preferences and visit some of the city’s outstanding buildings erected during British rule.
Uncover the secrets of Myanmar’s cuisine with a guided tour of the city’s fresh wet markets and nibble your way around Yangon one delightful snack at a time before climaxing with one of the city’s famous curry restaurants.
- Take an ‘insiders’ walking tour of the backstreets of bustling Yangon
- Visit Kyauktawgyi and Shwedagon Pagoda, two of Yangon’s most beautiful temples
- Learn about the local art scene with guided visits of galleries
- Discover outstanding local cuisine with a food tour led by a local Backyard Travel guide
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Sep 2014||From USD$393 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Nestled in the embassy quarter in Yangon, The Governor’s Residence is a 1920’s renovated mansion set amongst verdant green gardens and soothing lotus ponds, conjuring up images of a bygone era ...