Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
DISCOVER LUANG PRABANG - THE GEM OF THE MEKONG
See the best of the spiritual capital of Laos, Luang Prabang with our expert guides to immerse you in its history. Soak in its serenity as you experience its culture and journey to wildlife areas and beautiful waterfalls.
Enjoy an evening Lao tea tasting ceremony. Later, ascend the stairs of Mt. Phousi and take in the spectacular view as the sun sets over the city. Pay a morning visit to the most photographed temple in Luang Prabang, then cruise to the Pak Ou Caves, filled with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues. Take an afternoon guided tour of the city. At the Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre you’ll learn more about Lao culture and its diversity of hill tribes.
Early-risers can watch as residents of the city offer food to long lines of orange robe clad monks in a magical morning ritual. After breakfast head to the Kuangsi Waterfalls and visit a Bear Rescue Center which provides information on efforts to protect these endangered animals.
- Visit a Bear Rescue Center which provides information on the efforts being made to protect these endangered animals.
- As dawn breaks see residents of the city offer food to long lines of orange robe clad monks who disembark from pagodas in a magical morning ritual.
- Learn more about Lao culture and its great diversity of hill tribes at the Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre.
- Enjoy an evening Lao tea tasting ceremony.
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Sep 2014||From USD$461 per person|
|01 Oct 2014 - 30 Apr 2015||From USD$429 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)