Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
Popular China Collections
DISCOVER CHINA’S ARCHITECTURAL MARVELS
China is an architectural wonderland which has recently become a veritable playground for designers who have sculpted the landscape to be a modern marvel intertwined with historical relics.
This tour will take you to see all the aspects of China’s evolution from the ancient eras to the modern, from centuries’ old architecture to the innovative, new-age buildings like the Bird’s Nest Stadium and Canton Tower that are setting new design standards for the world.
Along this exploration of the marvels of construction you will trace the evolution of China and discover why and how the country has developed to what you now see before you. You’ll appreciate structures built from necessity, such as The Great Wall of China, built to keep invading forces away, as well as the diaolou of Kamping and the tolou of Yongding, two very different styles of community residence built for defensive purposes.
You will also have the chance to study Chinese society along your journey, staying overnight in a tolou as well as taking the overnight sleeper train experience. You will see how locals utilize the ‘green lungs’ of China’s big cities, and how small towns interact. You’ll meet market vendors and street sellers and take time to chat with experts in the fields of fengshui and penjing who will explain their art forms.
As well as man-made marvels you will also see some of China’s most amazing natural sites, such as the Yellow Mountains in Huangshan, the West Lake in Hangzhou, the quaint beauty of Gulangyu Island, as well as the scenic towns of Hongcun and Xidi.
- Discover the marvels of architecture from the past, present and future of China with hand-picked local tour guides who are experts on their regions
- Visit the diaolou of Kamping and the tolou of Yongding, two very different styles of community residence built for defensive purposes, and spend the night in a tolou
- See the architectural masterpieces of China, including UNESCO World Heritage Sites The Great Wall of China, Forbidden City and Summer Palace amongst others up close
- Get a glimpse of Chinese society through traveling on the fascinating overnight sleeper trains
- Take a trip to a lesser-visited section of The Great Wall of China and enjoy a peaceful picnic perched atop the majestic structure
Experience the ancient and the modern, including the futuristic buildings of Beijing and Shanghai
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)