It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
CYCLE OF LIFE: EXPLORE THE MEKONG BY BIKE
Get on your bike to explore the fabulous Mekong Delta, filled with lush green rice fields and fertile, winding waterways. Ride through the picturesque scenery visiting temples and markets. Meet and chat with locals along the way as you discover the charms of this delightful area.
Get on your bike for the ride to Cai Be, a delta town with lush waterways and vast green rice fields. Home stay in a typical Vietnamese house, where the family will welcome you and give you an eye on life in the area. Ride through picturesque scenery, passing over wooden bridges and seeing riverside life as you stop to chat with locals. Take the peaceful road to Can Tho, the Mekong’s largest town; inhabited mainly by Khmer people.
Stop at Khmer temples, visit a local Buddhist Temple school and learn about the life of the temple and its pupils. Cycle to a busy riverfront packed with stalls and vendors, and explore the hidden backwaters of the Delta on your bike.
- Homestay in a typical Vietnamese house.
- Ride through picturesque scenery passing over wooden bridges and seeing colorful riverside life as you stop to chat with locals.
- Visit an unseen floating market, bustling with activity.
Price (USD $)per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 31 Dec.2014||$709 per person|
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)