It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
CULINARY TOUR OF MYANMAR’S INLE LAKE
Explore Myanmar through its regional delicacies with this investigation of the area that surrounds the magical Inle Lake.
Inle Lake is the sustenance that supports life in the region, and this tour will give you the unique chance to see the transition from agriculture to dining with each stop along the way.
You’ll see how the food is grown, harvested and production techniques before the crops are stored and distributed. Then you’ll learn about the raw ingredients themselves and their place in Myanmar cuisine. You’ll be shown by locals how to prepare several dishes and finally taste the food.
This culinary journey also allows cultural exploration, showing you insider area of local towns and markets, such as Khaung Daing Village on the lake’s western shoreline, and Nyaung Shwe, known as the gateway to Inle Lake.
The sensational culinary excursion ends with a lunch and taste-testing at Red Mountain Estate, Myanmar’s finest winemaker with stunning views of the spectacular surrounding Shan Mountains and majestic Inle Lake.
- Learn some of the secrets of Myanmar cuisine at a cooking experience with a local family in their home
- Take a guided boat tour of Inle Lake and experience the quaint town of Nyaung Shwe
- Spend time in the lesser-seen Khaung Daing Village on Inle Lake’s west shoreline
- Visit the Red Mountain Estate, Myanmar’s finest wine producer to sample the rapidly improving local varietals
- Shop at one of the lake’s local markets where the region’s hill tribes come to sell their handmade wares
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Sep 2015||From USD $459 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
A calm and appeasing getaway, Inle Princess Resort is situated along the eastern shores of Myanmar’s soothing Inle Lake amongst the Shan Hills and nearby rice just a mere 20 minute boat ride from ...
Situated on the northeast bank of Inle Lake and surrounded by manicured gardens with the Shan Hills as background, Myanmar Treasure Resort seamlessly blends nature with graceful Burmese touches. Hi ...