It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Popular Vietnam Collections
CULINARY JOURNEYS: DISCOVER VIETNAMESE CUISINE
Vietnamese cuisine is regarded as one of the world’s best. Travelling to different areas of the country, you’ll discover its depth and variety; joining with local experts to learn of ingredients, cooking methods and, of course, the best places to eat on this exclusive culinary journey.
Fly to bustling Ho Chi Minh City and go to one of the finest restaurants in the city; hearing a talk on Vietnamese cuisine as you enjoy a sumptuous dinner. Meet a Saigon cook who will take you to a food market and help you to cook a traditional Saigon meal. Try Banh Xeo, a savory pancake stuffed with prawn, pork and vegetable. Meet the proprietor of Mango Rooms who will take you to choose the best ingredients for an exclusive cooking class with him. Go on a tasting tour of Hoi An’s tempting street treats.
Travel to Hue, whose ‘royal cuisine’ is regarded as the best in the country. Try this cuisine at the private ‘garden house’ where the lady of the house will prepare a fabulous meal for you. Sample a Hue specialty, a steamed rice pancake stuffed with delicate, finely chopped pork. In Hanoi, meet your specialist food guide, an insider and local authority on Hanoi’s food life. Tour the city to hear all about the stalls and foods you pass. Dine at La Verticale, located in a villa in town.
Another food tour next, this time with an American chef and food writer. Meet his regular suppliers and learn more about Hanoi ingredients. Take lunch at the special Bún Cha Chanh, run by two sisters who still use real wood to make the Bun Cha Chanh. Visit a ‘Bia Hoi’ serving draft beer and interesting snacks, meeting locals as you chat about your day.
- Hear a talk on Vietnamese cuisine and dine at one of the finest restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Learn how to cook Vietnamese food on two cooking classes: One at a local Saigon house and one with the proprietor of Mango Rooms, Duc Tram.
- Go on food tours with real insiders and learn all about local food life.
- Sample 36 different foods on a tour of Hoi An’s tempting street treats.
- Step back in time and dine at a restaurant located in a 1930’s villa owned by Didier Corlou.
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Sep. 2014||$3,605 per person|
|01 Oct 2014 - 31 Dec 2014||$3890 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in luxury accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Situated along the serene banks of West Lake adjacent to an 800 pagoda, Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake presents a peaceful and refined luxury experience in Vietnam’s capital.
Offering 359 ...
La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa is a boutique property with art deco influences located along the banks of the romantically named Perfume River. Even with recent renovations, the storied hotel has ...
Overlooking the Saigon River and constructed in French architectural and Riviera styles, Hotel Majestic Saigon truly captures Vietnam’s old world charm. Boasting a storied history almost 100 year ...