Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
THE BEST OF VIETNAM
Go on insider tours of the two main cities: cultural Hanoi and bustling Ho Chi Minh. Visit ancient capitals and explore the Mekong delta, with a wealth of real local experiences included to immerse you in the culture and give you a deeper, more personal tour of Vietnam.
Visit Vietnam’s first university, which operated for an amazing 700 years. Pay a visit to Ho Chi Minh’s, mausoleum and his modest house. Amble around the Old Quarter’s ’36 streets’, taking in the atmosphere. See a performance of the Vietnamese art of water-puppetry. Awake early for a drive to the first capital, Hoa Lu. Board a private sampan and cruise past huge limestone karsts jutting out of green rice fields. Take an overnight boat trip to Halong Bay, watching villagers work in their rice fields. Board a traditional wooden junk (or a classic replica steamship- The Emeraud) for an overnight journey into the bay.
Weigh anchor and enjoy a relaxed dinner on board. Transfer to a 17th century trading port which has changed little over the years. See the former Champa Kingdom and visit the Lion Citadel. Travel to Hue, the former Imperial capital where ancient tombs and mausoleums commemorate the former glory of the city. See the finest collection of Cham sculptures in the world and head down to the Pass of Ocean Clouds. Explore the Imperial Citadel where the Nguyen Dynasty ruled 1200 years ago.
Cyclo to an historic relaxation spot of emperors, Walk around the bustling Chinatown district of Ho Chi Minh City. Visit Vietnam’s first museum of traditional medicine and see an incredible display of fresh produce at Ben Thanh market. Take a stroll to the city’s main colonial sites including Dong Khoi Street (formerly Rue Catinat) and The Continental Hotel. Go to Cai Be, a delta town with lush waterways and vast green rice fields. Cruise a floating market and see the traders hang their produce on poles in front of their boats.
- Take an insider’s tour of Hanoi, seeing a performance of the Vietnamese art of Water Puppetry
- Sail in a private sampan, cruising past huge limestone karsts and green rice fields
- Board a traditional boat and take an overnight cruise to stunning Halong Bay
- Visit the home of the celebrated painter Thanh Chuong
- Cruise to afloating market where traders hang produce on poles to attract customers
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 30 Sep 2013||$1220 per person|
|01 Oct 2013 – 30 Dec 2013||$1263 per person|
|01 May 2014 - 30 Sep 2014||$1325 per person|
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Boasting an excellent location in the capital, Silk Path Hotel Hanoi is a luxurious property that blends opulent sophistication, contemporary designs and oriental flair with smiling Vietnamese hosp ...
Situated along the serene banks of West Lake adjacent to an 800 pagoda, Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake presents a peaceful and refined luxury experience in Vietnam’s capital.
Offering 359 ...