Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
THE BEST OF MYANMAR
See the best of Myanmar, with river cruises, visits to unseen areas and be immersed in local communities, developing a strong connection with the captivating country as you go that will last for eternity.
Start in historic Yangon and its old colonial buildings, formerly known as ‘Rangoon’ in its days of British rule. Join the locals at a tea shop to drink tea or coffee and try out their delicious snacks.
Walk to Shwedagon pagoda, the most revered in all of Myanmar. Fly to the ancient capital, Bagan and visit a cave temple filled with exquisite murals. See the amazing sunset from the upper terrace of a temple. Go to one of Bagan’s lesser-known areas and take a cruise down the Irrawaddy River to witness everyday riverside life.
Get back on the road to see the next former capital; Amarapura. Mahagandayon monastery here is home to over 1,000 monks. Walk along the world’s longest teak bridge, constructed from 984 teak posts that were once part of a palace. Head out onto magnificent Inle Lake in a private motorboat, passing floating garden houses built on stilts and the famous ‘leg-rowing’ fishermen of the lake.
Take a ride through the city’s outskirts on Yangon’s circular train. Finally, have a stroll around Bogyoke Market, filled with handmade goods and curiosities; the perfect place for gift shopping.
- Cruise down the Irrawaddy River seeing everyday life as you pass huts, villages and fishermen
- Ride the circular train around Yangon for a unique cultural insight into everyday life
- Visit Inle Lake and experience one of Asia’s most captivating societies sustained entirely by the lake beneath their stilted homes
Price (USD $ ) per person for shared twin/double
|Valid until 30 Sep 2015||From USD$1088 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Lush foliage, airy interiors and the smooth rhythms of the nearby Irrawaddy River are the staples of Bagan Thiripyitsaya Sanctuary Resort. The resort is spread out over 24 acres of private property ...
A calm and appeasing getaway, Inle Princess Resort is situated along the eastern shores of Myanmar’s soothing Inle Lake amongst the Shan Hills and nearby rice just a mere 20 minute boat ride from ...
Nestled in the embassy quarter in Yangon, The Governor’s Residence is a 1920’s renovated mansion set amongst verdant green gardens and soothing lotus ponds, conjuring up images of a bygone era ...