Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
BEAUTY AND BALANCE: EXPLORING KYOTO
Kyoto is commonly renowned as Japan’s cultural capital, and most beautiful region. This four-day, three-night tour allows you the chance to explore the highlights of Kyoto, led by an expert Backyard Travel guide who will reveal the secrets and history of the fascinating city.
Explore Kyoto with a tour around the city’s World Heritage Sites such as Nijo Castle, as well as a tour of Kinkakuji, a stunning Buddhist Temple also known as ‘Golden Pavilion Temple’. You’ll also journey to the Daitoku-ji Zen temple complex and the Daisen-in sub-temple.
Spend time engrossed in the art of Japanese food. You will learn about the indigenous ingredients by visiting ‘Kyoto’s Kitchen’ – Nishiki Market, which is well-known in the city as a haven for foodies and learn the secrets of preparing the delicious cuisine itself in a traditional wooden town house.
Absorb the sights and sounds of Nara, a former capital of Japan in the 8th century. In Nara you will visit some spectacular temples and shrines such as Todaiji Temple (The Great Eastern Temple), Daibutsuden (Big Buddha Hall), and Kasuga-taisha (Kasuga Grand Shrine) before returning to Kyoto to visit Kiyomizu Temple (Pure Water Temple), a temple which was amazingly built without using any nails.
- Explore the sublime region of Kyoto led by an expert English speaking Backyard Travel guide who will show you around the fascinating city
- Visit the fascinating shrines and temples of Nara, including the Todaiji Temple (The Great Eastern Temple), Daibutsuden (Big Buddha Hall), and Kasuga-taisha (Kasuga Grand Shrine)
- Learn the secrets to preparing delicious Japanese cuisine with a special cooking class which includes a trip to ‘Kyoto’s Kitchen’ – Nishiki Market – to source ingredients
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)