Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
Discover West Java’s botanical gardens, volcanoes, tea and coffee plantations; and jungles. Ride to hilltop temples, bathe in therapeutic hot springs and swim in jungle caves. Enjoy workshops, traditional music performances and meetings with locals; ending in Jogjakarta, the centre of old Javanese culture.
Go to Bogor, the colonial capital of Myanmar, and visit its wonderful botanical gardens; home to over 15,000 different species of plants and trees. Drive along the mountainous Puncak Pass passing plantations, villages and rice fields. Next stop is a coffee factory, where you can learn about the growing, roasting and blending of Java coffee. Head for a 200 meter wide volcano and bathe in its therapeutic hot springs.
Visit a workshop which works to preserve Javanese culture and be treated to a musical performance by village students. Take a horse cart and bamboo raft to see the only Hindu temple in West Java. Drive to a Sundanese village where the inhabitants live in thatched, wooden houses in a way that has remained unchanged for thousands of years. Drive on to an enchanting area with a beach on one side and monkey-filled jungles on the other. Watch how locals use plants and herbs for food and medicine.
Let a wooden boat take you along a canyon where you can spot wildlife including monkeys, flying squirrels, monitor lizards and deer. Go for a swim in a cave and climb the giant liana vines which hang from the jungle canopy. Drive 2000 meters above sea level to the ‘home of the gods’; the volcanic Dieng Plateau.
Explore the plateau with your guide, who will show you the sites of volcanic activity. Continue to an 8th century Hindu temple complex, and ride on horseback to the top of a mountain to get fantastic views of the area. Finally, explore Jogjakarta; the centre of old Javanese culture.
- Take an early morning stroll through the iconic rice terraces in Ubud.
- Indulge with a massage, facial and manicure at one of Bali’s top spas.
- Spend the day at a Balinese village compound and receive special blessings from the local priest.
- Take a hands-on cooking class from a local village cook and learn about the use of Balinese ingredients.
- Explore Bali in a VW Convertible and swim in the crystal clear waters of secluded Paisr Putih Beach.
- Head off for a traditional dance performance at Uluwatu Temple followed by a romantic dinner on the beach.
Price (USD $ ) per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 31 March. 2014||$4,865 per person|
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in luxury accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Candidasa is one of Bali’s best-kept secrets with its peaceful seaside town atmosphere. The secluded seaside resort set amidst a coconut grove, Alila Mangiss combines Indonesia’s traditional ar ...
Sophisticated and elegant, the Bulgari Resort Bali in Uluwatu defines elegance with its breathtaking all-villa property. The elegant and stunning cliff side accommodation blends traditional Balines ...
A sophisticated and trendy resort, Komaneka at Bisma features a charming environment surrounded by its very own lush tropical gardens. Located in Ubud amongst the hillsides by the Campuhan River va ...
Occupying the soft sands of Nusa Dua with immaculate views of the Indian Ocean, The St, Regis Bali Resort offers all the opulence and barefoot elegance of a luxury beachside property. With flourish ...