We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
Go to Candidasa in the east of Bali. Stop on the way to visit the small fishing village of Kusumba, with its salt-making huts and colorful fishing boats. Explore the less-visited province of Karangasem. First stop is the sacred water palace of Tirta Gannga; with beautiful ponds, bathing pools and lush vegetation. Trek to the ancient village of Tenganan, home to the first inhabitants of Bali. Visit a fruit plantation growing the famous ‘Salak’ or ‘snakeskin’ fruit.
See the Mother Temple of Bali, Besakih and hop on a bike for a ride around a peaceful area passing paddy fields and plantations growing coffee, cocoa and cloves. Have a good look around Ubud. See its beautiful rice fields and move on to palaces, museums and local markets. Enjoy a local lunch before indulging in a Balinese massage at a local spa.
In the evening, go to a nearby village to see a performance of traditional Balinese dancing. Depart by road through hidden routes in the island’s interior to Jatiluwih and a panoramic view of Bali’s iconic rice terraces. See Batukaru temple, one of nine big temples in Bali. Next, drive to the ‘floating’ temple of Ulun Danu, set in the middle of a scenic lake. Take a two hour trek through plantations growing avocado, vanilla, coffee and cloves. Drive along one of the most scenic roads in Bali and head past jungle-covered mountains and rice terraces. See Bali’s most famous temple, Tanah Lot, set on a small island in the sea; an iconic sight.
- Trek to an ancient village which is home to the Aga people, the first inhabitants of Bali.
- Indulge in a Balinese massage.
- Cycle around a remote area with plantations growing avocado, cloves, coffee and vanilla.
- See a performance of traditional Balinese dancing in a local village.
- Drive through hidden routes in the island’s interior to see the iconic rice terraces of Bali and the ‘floating’ temple of Ulun Danu.
Price (USD $)per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
|Valid until 31 Mar 2015||From USD $851 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Candidasa is one of Bali’s best-kept secrets with its peaceful seaside town atmosphere. The secluded seaside resort set amidst a coconut grove, Alila Mangiss combines Indonesia’s traditional ar ...
Sophisticated and elegant, the Bulgari Resort Bali in Uluwatu defines elegance with its breathtaking all-villa property. The elegant and stunning cliff side accommodation blends traditional Balines ...
A sophisticated and trendy resort, Komaneka at Bisma features a charming environment surrounded by its very own lush tropical gardens. Located in Ubud amongst the hillsides by the Campuhan River va ...
Occupying the soft sands of Nusa Dua with immaculate views of the Indian Ocean, The St, Regis Bali Resort offers all the opulence and barefoot elegance of a luxury beachside property. With flourish ...