It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
Explore Japan’s cities, valleys, villages and hills. Visit vibrant Tokyo, beautiful Kyoto, and welcoming Hiroshima. Discover the less visited area of the Kiso valley and the unseen charms of Japan’s smallest main island, Shikoku.
Board a boat for a cruise down the Sumida Gawa River; seeing Tokyo from the water, and see a short tea ceremony on a tiny island in the heart of the city. Journey to Nikko National Park, home to the Toshogu-shrine complex.
Leave the bustle of Tokyo for the stunning Kiso Valley region and the beautifully-preserved town of Tsumago. Stay in a traditional Japanese minshuku, indulging Japanese style with a kaiseki, a beautifully presented meal of many small courses. Hike through the countryside and past the houses and fields of local residents.
Stay in a ryokan, a more upscale version of a minshuku. Stay in a town which was once cut off from the rest of Japan due to its inaccessible location.
Enjoy another train ride through beautiful scenery to a 17th century ancient castle town. Visit Hiroshima, a vibrant, interesting metropolis with friendly, welcoming people and a thriving arts scene. See the Floating Torii Gate of Miyajima Island; one of Japan’s three most beautiful structures. Journey to Japan’s smallest main island, Shikoku.
See beautiful Kyoto, home to 17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites and a million photographic moments. Try out the local sake and learn how to make classic Japanese dishes.
- Stay on Japan’s smallest main island, little-visited by tourists
- Visit an Edo Period (1603-1867) town in the stunning Kiso Valley
- Tour an amazing produce market and learn to make classic Japanese dishes in a cooking class
- Wander through the back streets of Kyoto to a former sake brewery and sample the local product
- Soak in an outdoor onsen with magnificent views of the surrounding countryside
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)