We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
It was a terrific trip and we are most grateful for the careful attention you gave all our requests.
Popular Cambodia Collections
ANGKOR ADVENTURE: TREK AND BIKE
Explore Angkor by bike and on foot. Retrace the footsteps of intrepid explorers as you trek through ancient temple sites. Take scenic bike rides through the beautiful Cambodian countryside to meet locals and learn about their way of life. Camp out in a remote traditional village area, unseen by most travelers
Collect your bike and head off through the beautiful Cambodian countryside. Pass bustling villages and stilt houses. In the evening dine on delicious authentic Khmer cuisine. Trek through the temples of Angkor. First is the magnificent Angkor Wat. Keep trekking to the last capital of the Great Khmer Empire; the ancient city of Angkor Thom. Walk to the top of Phnom Kulen to discover hidden pagodas, a 16th century reclining Buddha, a riverbed with stone carvings and a waterfall where you can take a cooling dip.
Back on your bike to discover the temple of Beng Mealea; where creaky boardwalks and creeping jungle transport you back in time to an age of intrepid adventure. Cycle through back roads and villages, stopping at local communities to learn about their way of life. Visit the Landmine Museum, and continue to the ‘gem’ of Angkor, Banteay Srey. Spend the night in a tented camp and enjoy a Khmer barbecue outdoors. You’re invited to see the monks’ morning ritual at Wat Roun. Cycle to Phnom Bok hill and see the magnificent view of the plains below. In the morning, set out in original 1970’s Jeeps to see the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia.
- Trek through the ancient temples of Angkor just like the explorers of old.
- Cycle through back roads, stopping at local communities to learn about their way of life.
- Visit a Landmine Museum which also serves as a rescue center for landmine victims.
- Stay overnight in the grounds of a village pagoda where spacious tents provide comfort in an exotic setting.
- You are invited to witness the monks’ morning ritual at your host pagoda and get to enjoy a private blessing ceremony.
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Featuring an Angkorian style with hints of colonial fittings, The Samar Villas & Spa Resort boasts an enviable location just a kilometer away from Angkor’s gates. The boutique property is an ...
Remote, yet easily accessible on the outskirts of Siem Reap and surrounded by tropical gardens, Villa Kiara Siem Reap offers a boutique and cozy home away from home experience. The property exudes ...
Situated in a calm and private oasis in the center of Phnom Penh, Villa Langka is a boutique property offering a quiet hideaway from the bustle of the Cambodian capital. The charming boutique resor ...