Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
ANCIENT WATER TOWNS OF CHINA
This tour discovers the small towns of Suzchou and Wuzhen which are compared to the illustrious Italian city because of their intricate network of canals and stone bridges, as well as Hangzhou, described by Marco Polo as a “Heaven on Earth”, at least in part due to the West Lake, a recent addition to UNESCO’s world heritage sites
Along the way you’ll learn, absorb and savor the sights, sounds and subtle nuances through unique interactions that only a trip with Backyard Travel can offer.
Your guide will show you behind the scenes of the real China as you experience the wonderful watery towns, and step back in time to the rural areas.
- Take a morning bike ride round the narrow streets of Suzhou’s old town.
- Discover the old wooden houses, cobbled streets and beautifully sculpted stone bridges of Wuzhen.
- Spend time with bonsai specialist who will show you his art.
- In Wuzhen, have the choice between 04 different optional day tours, including visits to either a Chinese water puppet theatre, take part in a wine-tasting session, pay homage at the home of Mao Dun, a famous 20th century revolutionary writer or visit a traditional dye workshop.
- See China’s largest bamboo forest and one of the greatest examples of ecotourism in the country.
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)