Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
Backyard Travel was the best - professional, inovative, flexible, informative and fun!
Popular Cambodia Collections
ANCIENT EMPIRE: EXPLORE ANGKOR
See the legendary temples of Angkor. With Siem Reap as your base you’ll explore the ancient temples and cities of the Khmer empire. Along the way, meet locals, receive blessings from Buddhist monks and learn about life in the lakes and countryside of Cambodia.
Hop into a tuk tuk and head to the magnificent Angkor Wat. The crowds disperse before sunset and this is a great time to be at the temple. Explore the 8th and 9th century temples of the Roluos Group. Ride in a cow cart to a Pagoda where Buddhist monks will give you a private blessing. Go to Ta Phrom, an iconic temple twined with incredible tree-roots. See beautiful Preah Khan and Neak Pean temples. Get an early start to see ‘The Citadel of the Women’, Banteay Srei at its best; in the morning light. On the way back stop at local communities and learn about their way of life. Have lunch at a school which teaches disadvantaged young Cambodians hospitality skills.
See the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia, which swells to four times its normal size during the rainy season and provides a living for many communities. Take a boat out to the lake village of Kampong Phluck to see its stilt-houses and learn how people adapt to life on this body of water.
- See magnificent Angkor Wat at its best time, when the crowds have gone and the sun is setting.
- Ride through the Cambodian countryside local-style in a cow cart.
- Meet Buddhist monks and receive a private blessing for good health and a safe journey.
- Dine at a hospitality school for disadvantaged young Cambodians and get a chance to meet the students.
- Take a boat out to a lake village and learn how people adapt to life on this unique ecosystem.
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Featuring an Angkorian style with hints of colonial fittings, The Samar Villas & Spa Resort boasts an enviable location just a kilometer away from Angkor’s gates. The boutique property is an ...
Remote, yet easily accessible on the outskirts of Siem Reap and surrounded by tropical gardens, Villa Kiara Siem Reap offers a boutique and cozy home away from home experience. The property exudes ...