Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
ANCIENT ANGKOR: THE ESSENTIALS
See the essential Angkor. Take a tuk tuk to Angkor Wat after the crowds have gone and witness its spectacular sunset. Feel like an explorer of old amongst Ta Phrom’s crumbling masonry, vines, trees and roots; and head to the last capital of the Great Khmer Empire, the ancient city of Angkor Thom.
Head to Siem Reap, the perfect base from which to explore the temples of Angkor. Hop into a tuk tuk and head to the magnificent Angkor Wat, said to symbolise the soul of the Khmer people. Sunset is a great time to be at Angkor Wat, as the crowds are gone and the Apsaras are illuminated by the setting sun. Afterwards, return to your hotel where the rest of your evening is free at leisure.
Next day, look around the ‘Small Circuit’ of temples, starting with Ta Phrom. This iconic temple is twined with incredible tree-roots as nature has slowly reclaimed it over the centuries; the crumbling masonry and overgrowth of vines, trees and roots conveying the romance of a lost civilization. Nearby are the 12th century Buddhist monastery of Banteay Kdei, and the old bathing pond of Sra Srang; a tranquil, scenic area where Khmer Royalty used to bathe. Now head to the last capital of the Great Khmer Empire; the ancient city of Angkor Thom.
Bayon temple sits exactly in the centre of the city, a magnificent masterpiece of 12th century Khmer craftsmanship, with 54 towers representing the 54 provinces of the Khmer empire.
- See Angkor Wat after the crowds have gone, as the Apsaras are illuminated by the setting sun.
- Visit the ‘Tomb Raider Temple’ Ta Prohm, and feel like an explorer of old.
- Explore the glorious city of Angkor Thom with the iconic Bayon stone faces.
Price (USD $)per person based on a double/twin sharing basis.
Valid until 30 Sep 2014
|$251 per person|
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Featuring an Angkorian style with hints of colonial fittings, The Samar Villas & Spa Resort boasts an enviable location just a kilometer away from Angkor’s gates. The boutique property is an ...
Remote, yet easily accessible on the outskirts of Siem Reap and surrounded by tropical gardens, Villa Kiara Siem Reap offers a boutique and cozy home away from home experience. The property exudes ...