Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Popular Thailand Collections
AMPHAWA: THAILAND’S HISTORIC FLOATING MARKET
Take a guided journey out of the futuristic Thai capital to Amphawa, an old-world water town which deserves its reputation as one of Thailand’s most beloved markets.
Centralized around waterways, Amphawa thrives on the market’s popularity which creates a buzzing atmosphere all along its wooden walkways which grant access to stilted teak houses.
You’ll feel trapped in a time warp as you negotiate narrow boardwalks that line the canals and climb on board traditional long-tail boats to navigate the waters and browse the floating market stalls.
Feast on freshly prepared seafood at local, traditional Thai restaurants, and investigate lesser-seen attractions in the region often overlooked by self-guiding travelers.
Make a stop at Samut Songkhram Province on the way to Amphawa and see the charming Tha Kha floating market and also visit a nearby market set up on the train lines which retracts when each train passes through.
See the unique site of monks collecting alms by boat in Amphawa as locals flock to the canal side to pay tribute in the early morning.
Take a ride from Amphawa through the canals to Damnoen Saduak in the neighboring Ratchaburi Province early enough to avoid the tour buses the iconic market attracts.
See traditional Thailand at its best and shop for authentic souvenirs unique to the floating markets on this time-traveling tour.
- Investigate Thailand’s most popular old-world floating markets of Amphawa, Tha Kha and Damnoen Saduak
- Observe the unique floating monks as they paddle down the river collect their early morning alms
- Cruise your way through the markets and discover unique souvenir offerings and freshly picked fruits and vegetables
- See the bizarre train market in Samut Songkhram, which retracts from over the line whenever a train approaches
Price (USD $ ) per person for a half-twin sharing basis
|Valid until 31 Oct 2015||From USD $429 per person|
Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may be applied during peak periods.
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we'll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a half-twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)