Our guides were excellent and met our needs with care. Thank you for all of your help.
We had a great trip. Thank you so much for all the preparation work to get the itinerary just right.
Popular China Collections
AMAZING ANHUI: CHINA’S FILMSET
Welcome to Anhui Province, an area of such natural and unchanged beauty that it is often used as the backdrop for Chinese movies that require spectacular scenery of ancient China.
This trip will lead you to the beautiful regions of Xidi and Hongcun, both recognized by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites. In these picturesque towns you will learn about ancient Chinese architecture, as well as the ancient art of penjing and fengshui.
You will have the chance to meet with both a penjing and fengshui master, who will explain their art forms in detail. Your fengshui guide will lead you around Hongcun, a unique village that was constructed using the strict principles of fengshui and is laid out in the shape of a buffalo, complete with two large trees to represent horns and a canal waterway system for intestines.
You’ll also pay visit to the refined region of Chengshitang, an area that was originally constructed by a salt merchant, and the Mukeng Bamboo Forest where the exciting fight scene between Li Mu Bai (Chow Yun-Fat) and Yu Jiao Long (Zhang Ziyi) was set in the Ang Lee movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
The trip also includes a trip to Huangshan (Yellow Mountains), ascending by cable-car and spending the night at the summit. In the morning you will have the unique chance to watch the sunrise over the surrounding land as you savor a delicious breakfast then descend to the foot of the mountain and take a dip in the hot spring to rejuvenate, absorbing the water’s medicinal qualities.
- Visit the summit of Huangshan (also known as Yellow Mountains) and watch the sunrise over Beihai before relaxing at the foot of the mountain in a hot spring
- Take a guided bike tour around Xidi and Hongcun, both listed by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites
- Spend time in Hongcun, a town built to be shaped like a buffalo, based entirely around the principle of fengshui
- Get a true glimpse of Chinese society with an overnight sleeper train experience
- Learn about ancient Chinese art of penjing (gardening) from an experienced gardener
For price of this tour, please contact us for further information
All of our itineraries can be tailored to your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Contact us with your holiday ideas, no matter how big or small, and we’ll start planning your unique personalized trip!
Tour prices are a guideline only, and are based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in three-star accommodation. Each tour price and can be adjusted depending on budget, activities included and standard of accommodation desired.
Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
You, your holiday and booking direct: Backyard Travel are on the ground year-round in Asia, which means you are booking direct with a local travel company, allowing you to save on the cost of your holiday. Our tailor-made tours are designed by local Travel Specialists who investigate every aspect of the trip themselves, giving you a unique view of each destination.
Included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Not included in this Backyard Travel tour:
- Domestic & international flights
- Departure taxes if applicable
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)