Thank you so much for organizing our trip to Burma. It really was the trip of a lifetime
Back now and still recovering from our amazing journey. It was a fantastic trip.
SALES MANAGER- BACKYARD TRAVEL
Interested in working for a growing, creative, online travel company? Want to have the opportunity to demonstrate your passion for sales? Then Backyard Travel is the perfect opportunity.
Company Overview: Local knowledge. Connecting on a local level. The majority of modern-day travelers want to feel, taste and experience a destination in a way that's real and enduring. They don't want a great trip. They want an unforgettable one.
Backyard Travel not only understands this desire, we embrace it. In fact, this philosophy is at the core of who we are: we are an Asian Travel Company with offices in Hong Kong, where our company was envisioned, and Bangkok, where our management team is located.
Position Overview: The Sales Manager will be responsible for driving sales and mentoring regional sales teams. The Sales Manager is expected to be highly dependable, innovative with a passion to succeed, be able to work in a fast paced environment and have a proven track record in sales.
This is a senior role in a new company with excellent support and foundation, therefore a promising growth outlook. As such it’s a critical role for the company, reporting directly to the General Manager. The job is full-time, based out of the company’s headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand.
Note the following general tasks are not exclusive of other duties, which the job holder has to perform, assigned by the management:
- -Oversee the company’s regional sales teams in eight destinations across Asia.
- -Meet and exceed monthly sales targets.
- -Increase and maintain set sales conversions in each destination.
- -Maintain an optimum sales cycle time.
- -Ensure that sales objectives are addressed and met to expectations.
- -Monitor all incoming client requests and provide adequate support to the regional sales teams.
- -Create an annual Sales plan to deliver objectives that will drive sales, to meet or exceed ambitious sales targets.
- -Ensure quality control of regional sales team’s correspondence & communication with customers.
- -Mentor regional sales teams to continuously improve and sustain their performance matrix.
- -Ensure regional sales teams are meeting or beating response time targets.
- -Ensure regional sales teams deliver a high level of operations and exceed expectations of clients.
- -Ensure the company maintains a high percentage of repeat/referral customers.
- -Deliver the expectation of white labels and affiliations in order to increase sales.
- -Oversee and manage sales figure input into the company’s CRM and system.
- -Compile weekly sales figure reports.
- -Conduct regular online training sessions to the regional sales teams.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- -3 - 5 years’ experience in Sales, Tourism, B2C Travel experience. Knowledge of online travel would be a huge advantage.
- -Preferably a University Degree – Bachelor’s or higher
- -Native English speaker
- -Proven track record in B2C travel sales.
- -Aggressive sales skills.
- -Comprehensive Asia travel product knowledge.
- -Highly creative and the ability to think outside the box.
- -Excellent command/native speaker of both written and spoken English; other foreign languages are an advantage
- -Team player with a positive and dynamic personality
- -High sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure
- -Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- -Able to demonstrate high level of integrity and initiative.
- -A self-starter able to work independently to deadlines and targets.
- -Proactive, organized, resourceful and detail oriented
Interested parties are invited to send their CVs with a cover letter in English and a current photo to email@example.com
Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.